You've checked out the demo property and now you're ready to start working on your own property? Perfect! Here is a quick step-by-step guide that will lead you through the setup of your property, units and rates, making it ready for the connection to Channel Manager. To create your propert select Add new property+ button on the top right corner on Rentlio.
- Property - In your property settings, please enter property details - property name, address, telephone number.
- Unit types and units Online reservation channels that support two-way connection to Rentlio, group accommodation units into unit types. E.g. if your property has two similar one-bedroom apartments with same rates you need to create one unit type in Rentlio. Name it for example "one-bedroom apartment" and assign two units, Apartment 1 and Apartment 2. Booking.com, Expedia, and various channels have the same methodology. You already understand this if you work with one of them. Please note that you can create unique names for both unit types and units in Rentlio. They don’t have to match the names set on online reservation channels although that is recommendable to reduce confusion. Connecting Airbnb and Rentlio is done by mapping Airbnb Listing to the Unit Type in Rentlio. Connected Airbnb listing will be bookable as many times as your availability in Rentlio shows for that Unit type.
- Rates and availability Please load your rates and availability in Rentlio calendar. Please note that units and rates are set on a Unit type level. Before connecting to online reservation channels we advise you to enter rates, availability and restrictions for one year in advance, although 90 days is the minimum in order to activate the connection. This calendar version is upgraded version, now offering also the option to create multiple rates (check the article part: How to set additional rates?).
- Reservations Enter manually all active private/direct reservations in Rentlio, except Booking.com & Airbnb reservations (they will be imported automatically with the connection). When you activate the connection, all these periods will be closed automatically on connected online reservation channels. This is a mandatory step in order to avoid overlapped reservations and reopening of closed dates. When the connection is active, everything from Rentlio (rates and availability, reservations) will be sent to the connected online reservation channel.
- Channel Manager Please check whether the entered information is correct and request a connection to the Channel Manager.